Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Missing A Friend



Assalamu'alaikum !

Today is the third day running I'm without my usual chatting partner at this hour of the day. Why? You may ask. Well, all I can tell is he has gone to attend some survival training course to gain a higher level ranking promotion. I can't tell you yet what kind of outfit my friend is engaged with. Or maybe I will not tell you at all. It seems that you will just have to give your best shot at guessing what it is.

Life seems slow, boring and uneventful without the usual teasing and the occasional dab of Japanese vocab that laced our night chat sessions. There you have the overwhelming feeling of missing a friend when at most other times, we merely tend to take friends for granted. We feel missing only when they're gone. So, the lesson to be learned here is, do appreciate your friends and make the most of their presence while they're still among us. For nobody knows, how much longer will they continue to be with us.

But, with or without friends, life still has to go on. Only that, with a friend by your side, it makes this life much easier to chart and the course, merrier. For all I know, without a friend, life will never, never be the same.
Salaam.


No comments:

Post a Comment